If you own a business, you may have to order diverse kinds of products either to enhance the service or cater to business needs. Generally, heavy equipment is freight shipped and will arrive at your place on a Large or semi-truck depending on the size. There may not be a thing to worry about if you have a loading dock for unloading the equipment. But what if the facility doesn’t have access to a suitable docking facility? How to unload the product from the truck especially if they are heavy? This is when lift gate service comes to the rescue, but is overlooked in several freight shipping needs.
What is a lift gate service?
- A liftgate is a metal platform that is foldable and mounted on the back portion of the freight truck. It can be extended from beneath the truck surface and aids to lift the freight shipping product from the surface of the truck to the level of the ground. The freight truck will use the freight carrier to employ the pallet jack for transporting the load and reaching the desired place via suitable carriers or expert professionals. It is highly beneficial when the freight in transportation is heavy to be loaded or unloaded only with manpower without the presence of a suitable loading dock. While many expert freight carriers will include this facility, it is a delivery option that can be included with an additional cost.
- There will be no variation or additions needed from the business end when your freight delivery company makes use of liftgate service to load or unload the freight, but it requires more time. There will be additional costs for the liftgate since it needs extra resources and time to be included in the schedule. It is key to inform the shipping firm about using this service whenever you order their service. Some of the tucks may not be automatically fitted with the liftgate option. This is also coupled with accurate packaging of the products according to the shipment patterns in pallets or others.
- Some of them may be of assumption that shipments can be loaded by manpower itself which is not true especially for heavy ones. The packaged products may be having uneven distribution of weight making it tricky to lift them just by manpower. Not employing the proper equipment or trying to use only manpower could pose a risk not only to the involved people but also harm the products. As you will be partnering with a reliable freight delivery service, you can let the experts perform the task of loading or unloading with the aid of lift gate service.
Why is liftgate service charged extra?
- Liftgate services are charged extra since they are not included in the regular freight delivery service of pickup and delivery. Hence, there should be a prior intimation to the freight delivery service from the businesses for using this service. It will not only make the service smoother but also guarantee that it will let to avoid higher costs. Freight delivery can be successful when they carefully transport the freight from one place to another without any hiccups. But since the additional tasks will demand more resources and time than a normal delivery service, freight carriers will have additional charges.
- Business owners will not have any additional task for employing the lift gate service but freight delivery companies must include extra time and resources to use them for a particular delivery. The additional charges are for involving the additional loading and unloading activities at the time of pickup or delivery. Even if there is extra manpower, they will have to include some additional time and resources for guaranteeing the safety of the freight. The total amount charged for lift-gate delivery service will rely on several factors, like the type, number, and weight of the shipment, kind of the service used, and the charges of that particular freight service company.
Why are Lift gate services essential?
Liftgate service offers some incomparable advantages. Some of them are as below:
Negating harm to products: If the product is not handled in the right manner, then it can lead to its damage. It will cause a huge loss to the investment, which is higher than the actual cost. There may be a case that will make you pay for the reshipping and delivering the damaged item with scheduled lift gate service. It can be negated from the initial stages itself by using the liftgate service majorly if you are handling a fragile or valuable product.
Avoiding injuries: The majority of injuries are caused due to heavy lifting of the products across various types of workplaces. With the injury to employees, the actual work process will be delayed and incur a loss in the investment. The cause for these injuries is due to the improper handling of the goods and lifting techniques. A liftgate will negate the problem by providing appropriate service.
Minimal requirement of manpower: Lift gate services will need minimal manpower to finish the planned loading or unloading job. With this, you don’t have to worry about assigning many employees to complete the work. Lift gate service will allow carrying the activity without additional manpower as they will be experts to do the job.
Liftgate service is a crucial aspect of the freight shipping segment. As the extra charge is put on the quoted shipping price, it is dedicated to offering valuable service that aids to ensure that your freight is transported safely and punctually. If you are looking for a reliable freight delivery service with all necessary and modern services including liftgate service, Corlett Express should be your ideal choice. Established in more than 9 locations in Utah state, Corlett express freight delivery services provide the best experience to the clients and enrich the freight delivery process for all kinds of business at reasonable rates.