Freight has been around for centuries. Freight shipping has helped its clients in terms of transportation since 1800. Initially, freight forwarders cater to hotel guests who needed help to store and re-forward their items, which continued and evolved to provide service to businesses. Freight shipping then grew tremendously, silently expanding their horizon.
Many people did not understand the process and benefits of using freight shipping. Lack of knowledge about it caused many misconceptions throughout the years and was passed down from one generation to another. Still, the freight industry stood firm and was able to make it two centuries later.
Amidst the worldwide pandemic that has affected everyone, many industries suffered, with only a few industries enduring through the challenges. Some industries played an essential part for other companies to survive, and the freight industry is part of it. They have continued in delivering items and supplies on behalf of companies, governments, and individuals.
It is hard to imagine these trying times without freight companies to help move the necessary products around. An increase in the price of primary commodities due to the lack of supply is now a trend. This is why many industries are thankful for the freight industry’s commitment to helping ease the burden brought by recent events. However, this industry puts in a lot of hard work but gets very little recognition from everyone.
Many industries and companies suffered much during the first half of the year; people and businesses have turned to e-commerce. With the restrictions implemented across the globe, most companies survived by doing online transactions through freight companies’ help.
Freight shipping provides many advantages for businesses, so it is known to help startup businesses kick-off. Here are some of the reasons why freight shipping is great for businesses:
- PRICE – unknown to many, freight shipping helps businesses save money by cutting the cost and providing quality service. It can be a worry if you are shipping huge items or if the items are sent in bulk because it can cost a lot. Compared to the popular shipping companies’ cost, freight shipping cost is lower and will save you more money, especially for big packages. In freight shipping, the bigger your box, the lesser you pay. Since freight companies have a tight relationship with air freight and sea freight carriers, they can get a great deal, which will help you save a big chunk of your income.
- PROTECTION – freight companies are pretty tight when it comes to packaging and having packages stacked. They have specific guidelines for packaging your item and typically use pallets or crates to move containers safely. They also use top/bottom load protectors made up of corrugated fiberboard or a heavy-duty paperboard to help properly stack boxes on top of each other, which helps avoid damage during transportation and delivery.
- DELIVERY OPTIONS – one of the reasons why a customer will be a repeat customer is because of the convenience that they experienced in receiving their item. That same convenience is a benefit offered by freight shipping. Unlike conventional shipping methods, freight shipping contacts the receiver in advance to make sure that the delivery schedule is convenient for them, and they will be able to receive it.Another option that is provided by freight shipping is that they offer residential address delivery. This means that your client will have the package delivered straight to their home or office at their convenience.Freight shipping also offers “Freight Collect,” wherein the package’s receiver will pay for the shipping upon receipt of the item. Freight companies also offer “Cash on Delivery” service, which is not available with other shipping providers. These options help build trust between you and your client, especially for first-time buyers.Add-on deliveries are also available for freight shipping. If a liftgate is needed, you can have that service added. They also provide an option to keep the item at a preferred temperature if requested.Using freight shipping will allow you to choose between FTL (Full Truck Load) or LTL (Less than Load) service depending on the need of the business.
- FLEXIBILITY – freight shipping can carry various goods or products from perishable goods such as fruits and vegetables and other food items. You can also send appliances, cars, and devices. It can also help deliver medicine and chemicals.
- INSURANCE – good freight companies provide insurance for the shipment of goods. Having insurance is a way to secure your items and protects you from any damage, theft, or loss during transit. It puts a safety net to your item and gives you peace of mind that your item is provided utmost care.
- VERSATILE – one of the common challenges when shipping out an item is the unforeseen circumstances resulting in delays in delivery. With the years of experience and established routes, freight companies will prevent this from happening and keep your client satisfied.
- TRACKING – as a business, especially if a startup company, it is hard to be at ease when you don’t know where your item is; it is typical for regular shipping companies to show that it is in transit, but you won’t see the location. Freight companies can track the package for you and tell you exactly where it will arrive and when it will reach the endpoint—knowing that will give you peace of mind that your package is safe.
Choosing the right freight company for your business:
A lot of freight companies have sprung in the last decade who offer different rates and different packages and add ons. But how can you tell if that is the best freight company for your business? You need to consider a few things, like the amount of time that they have been in the industry, their reputation as a freight company, and available services.
In choosing a freight company, select the one that will be your partner. A company that takes care of your item the same way that they take care of their own. Corlett Express has been the best freight shipping company in Utah with two decades of experience; there is nothing that they have not experienced and have laid out a backup to ensure safe and timely delivery.
An impeccable reputation only proves that their delivery process is working and have resulted in a satisfactory outcome, the same outcome that you would like to have for your business. Corlett Express has established routes. A very well maintained pick-up and delivery routine will surely help get your item in its destination on time no matter what the situation is.
If you need to find a freight company that will help you and provide you an excellent result, a trustworthy company to help your business grow, don’t hesitate to reach out to Corlett Express and ask for a quotation and they will be more than happy to provide you not just the quote but all other information that you need to know.